header

Monday, February 7, 2011

Nobody Said It Was Easy

Well it ain't folks.
Writing is hard. So hard that many times a day I stop and think, what the hell am I doing? No seriously. I do. Because I didn't go to writing school. I love run on sentences and I rarely put commas where I should. Like, here,
And sometimes I use the wrong use of a word! Like passed/past. I really hate those words. What is the difference already!!? Explain it to me.

I dare you.

But I love telling stories. For as long as I can remember I've been making things up in my head to keep myself entertained.

So right now I'm rewriting a book I really believe in. For the hundredth time. No joke.
And it's really really difficult. And then sometimes it's not.
And I'm going to keep trying, even though occasionally I think I'm crazy for attempting this whole writing thing. Crazy to even put myself out there.
But I am. Because I love it. I do. And that's why I stay up late writing when it would be so easy to watch another Veronica Mars episode or, you know, go to sleep like a normal person should.

I have to keep trying.

I believe in you, book one! I really really do!!

8 comments:

  1. rewrites are a beast, no way around it! Sometimes I think the most important quality as a writer is endurance and being able to keep on keeping on in the face of rejection/rewrites/synopses writing, i.e., every part of the process!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather- Agreed! Keep on keeping on it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep going! It's NOT easy and it WOULD be nice to watch TV and get some sleep but you probably wouldn't really enjoy either because you'd still be hearing those voices in your head. (At least, that's what I tell myself when my bed and Buffy are calling!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Carrie! Oohh Buffy. LOVE her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shari your blog is amazing. I adore it!!!

    Once you unleash the monster called writing it never leaves your side. You are always thinking about the next great story you'd love to write. The characters that make up the brilliance. The places you'd love to investigate. Everything. It's addicting, even intoxicating at times.

    Wouldn't change it for the world.

    Feel free to stop by my neck of the woods! I'd love a chat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Jen! Reality is overrated for sure! *dashes off to visit Jen's blog*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I NEVER FAIL TO ENJOY YOUR BLOGS! Sure I know I'm your mom and what mom would not enjoy their daughter's blogs. Especially from long distances away. It's a way to be able to see you and not be there, but feel that you are. So, get well, send me another chapter change or two because you always leave me hanging and I need to see what is going to happen next. Love you - wish I could be there to make you a good pot of chicken noodle soup.

    ReplyDelete